Another Miss North Carolina Work Weekend with tornadoes! This is becoming a trend…
I always have young ladies asking me what are the most important items they should take with them to a pageant. Well, here are my top 5 items you should never go to your pageant without:
1. Fake Eyelashes: You can win a pageant with your eyes. Doing everything possible to make them stand out is a must. When you go to the store to purchase your lashes, look for human hair 747-M lashes. They will seem a little big at first, but they will make your eyes really pop on stage. Also, don’t forget your lash curler and your volumizing, black mascara.
2. Rolling Suitcase: Being organized is key to getting under your competitors skin at your pageant. Use plastic baggies to organize each outfit for separate phases of competition. You will feel confident and calm when you see all the other girls scrambling around to find their things and you are already dressed with all accessories because your things were labeled.
3. Firm Grip: Now I didn’t want to put this one on my list because every pageant girl says that “butt glue” is their beauty secret. I will admit, it is an essential. Find it at your local sporting goods store in the tennis/baseball section.
4. Proper Undergarments: This one is self-explanatory.
5. Your Lucky Charm: Probably the most important thing to take is your lucky charm. It could be anything! A penny, a necklace, etc. For me, mine was my teddy bear, Yorky. It has been proven that competitors with rituals, lucky charms, and superstitions perform at a higher level than their fellow contenders. So don’t be shy! Your lucky charm will give you the confidence to perform your best.
As always, send me your pageant questions and I will answer them in my blog! For more information on pageant coaching programs, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t wait to hear from you!
Pageants can be an expensive hobby. Some contestants will opt to find sponsors to help with their registration fee, purchase their pageant wardrobe, or to raise any other money that might be required before the competition begins. The best way to get a pageant sponsor is to A.S.K.
A -Acknowledge that you can’t always do it alone. No matter what you are raising the funds for, you will need some help. Go to the people that support you the most and explain to them that you need their help. Remember, people like you more when they are helping you than when you are helping them. So don’t be shy about asking for help. We’ve all heard the saying, “It takes a village to raise a child.” Well, it takes a village to get a girl ready for competition as well.
S -Send a letter to local businesses, family members, and friends. A simple fundraising letter will do. Let the potential sponsor know a little bit about you. Tell them where you are from, your age, and why you chose your competition, etc. Also, let them know how you will benefit from your competition. Finally, the most important part, tell them how their sponsorship will benefit them.
K -Know what you are asking for. Tell them your goals and how they can help you get one step closer to success. Giving your sponsor a clear vision of what they are getting from the sponsorship is key.
It is that simple. Just A.S.K. Don’t get discouraged if a door closes. One door closed means another one will open. Digging deeper into your sponsorship search might even lead you to meeting some really great people, businesses, and learning more about your local community.
Contact me at email@example.com for more information about pageant coaching programs, and gaining sponsorships for your next competition. As always, message me your pageant questions and I will answer them in by blog!
Message me your #Pageant questions and I will answer them on my blog!
LOVE my new Jewelry from Pretty Little Things! Their custom made jewelry is PERFECT for pageant interview or even appearances. This unique jewelry line will give you THE FINISHING TOUCH you need to feel confident for your competition!